Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

MixedRealityCapture

TadasTadas
edited August 2016 in Questions And Answers

Hi there,

according to the documentation on this link: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/holographic/mixed_reality_capture_for_developers

There should be something like: Windows.Media.MixedRealityCapture.MixedRealityCaptureVideoEffect defined, but whenever I add this definition VS shows error:

The type name 'MixedRealityCaptureVideoEffect' could not be found in the namespace 'Windows.Media.MixedRealityCapture'. This type has been forwarded to assembly 'Windows.Foundation.UniversalApiContract, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, ContentType=WindowsRuntime' Consider adding a reference to that assembly.

Any thoughts on this one? How to add Mixed Reality video effect properly?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

Superb! I will give it a try, thanks Patrick! :)

• Options

Hi Patric
    I wanted to capture MRC video for my demo app. I thought taking an MRC photo as the starting point. I was looking for a way to do it and then came across your this code. I implemented it in the MainPage of my app. In the UI, I have two buttons, one that calls InitCamera_Click() and other that calls CapturePhoto_Click(). Webcam and microphone capabilities are on in appmanifest. While debugging everything looks OK to me. But unfortunately, the picture that is getting saved is a normal photo without the holograms (not an MRC photo). Just to check if the Properties are set OK I changed _RecordingIndicatorEnabled to true. I can then see REC indicator, double checked HologramCompositionEnabled and it was set to true. Could you please let me know if I am missing something or what could be the possibilities that MRC photo is not being saved? (I am not using Unity but VS). Thanks.

A question for Tadas. Did it work for you? Thanks.

• Options

I double checked and the script is still working in Unity. It might not work from a 2D application.

===
    This post provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights. Using information provided is done at own risk.

(Daddy, what does 'now formatting drive C:' mean?)

• Options

I did some digging, and indeed capturing Holograms won't work from a flat/2d app. This is likely to protect users from having other applications recorded. I'm double checking with the teams to be sure.

===
    This post provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights. Using information provided is done at own risk.

(Daddy, what does 'now formatting drive C:' mean?)

• Options

Thanks Patrick for a prompt reply. As two or more 2D/flat apps can coexist, It does make some sense what you are saying. At the same time, I am bit confused that MRC from windows device portal can still be able to capture MRC photo/video of multiple 2D applications. May be this is a feature that Microsoft wants to keep close at the moment ;-). Anyway, I will try to make a 3D app using Unity and then try to check if it works or not. I am looking forward for your reply as well after you have checked with the teams.

• Options

Just an update: It did work for a 3D app.