We have decided to phase out the Mixed Reality Forums over the next few months in favor of other ways to connect with us.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
The plan between now and the beginning of May is to clean up old, unanswered questions that are no longer relevant. The forums will remain open and usable.
On May 1st we will be locking the forums to new posts and replies. They will remain available for another three months for the purposes of searching them, and then they will be closed altogether on August 1st.
So, where does that leave our awesome community to ask questions? Well, there are a few places we want to engage with you. For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality. If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers. And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
The Perfect Way to Convert EDB Files to PST
Converting EDB files to PST format has always remained a tough task. But if a proper method is followed then the conversion of EDB to PST can be done easily. There are two methods by which Exchange Server Database files can be exported to Outlook PST. These are
- Convert EDB to PST with Exmerge.exe
- Use Powershell to convert EDB to PST
These two methods differ on a large scale as in PowerShell the user should have knowledge of Cmdlets and database commands but the Exmerge method is easy to execute. This can be done by following steps
Converting the EDB to PST with Exmerge.Exe
- Launch the Exmerge.exe tool and sign in to Exchange Server
- Click on next to proceed further and a new window will prompt up
- Click on the option Extract or Import (2 step process)
- This will extract the data from the EDB file, click on Next
- Click on the Import Procedure tab and option 'Archived data to target store'
- Enter the details of the folder from where EDB files are to be moved and select the mailbox, click on Next
- Click on Change folder to select the folder to store converted PST file
- The process will start and an alert box will open when it gets complete
- Finally, click on the Finish to abort the process
The EDB files will be moved to Outlook easily. In this way you can export the database files to Outlook PST