Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Dev Kit Invitation

13»

Answers

• Options

Wave 1, no buy link yet!

• Options
    bernieSFbernieSF ✭✭
    edited March 2016

Same here. 10 full days since the wave 1 approval email, but no purchase link yet. :|

• Options

While it's frustrating that the buy email hasn't shown yet, I'm glad that just about no one else seems to have received one yet either. Saves me paranoia that my spam filter deleted it.

It would be nice to see an admin response here if there's a known timeline.

• Options

@CoreyGoff said:
    If you're in Wave 1 and haven't received a link yet, sit tight. Also check your junk/spam folder to make sure you haven't missed the invitation.

I jumped in a few days ago... It can take a few weeks to receive your buy link.

• Options

Thanks Corey, just nervous that we'd missed it.

• Options

@CoreyGoff said:
    I jumped in a few days ago... It can take a few weeks to receive your buy link.

So you did. I looked through the thread twice but missed the admin next to your name. Thanks.

• Options

No't link, no't wave, what I do? :D

• Options

I got a note saying I was part of invitation wave 1 over three weeks ago but have not yet received a purchase notification.

• Options

same thing here @aschafer32480 , email notifying I was on wave 1 but no purchase link

• Options

Still waiting here, too.

• Options

Same deal here, Wave 1 no buy link yet

• Options
    SofteqSofteq
    edited March 2016

Just noticed the new topic and thread on this that answers this question...so revising my post. FYI, seems Wave 1 invitations can be sent out past March 31.

• Options

while we are all waiting
    Interesting Holographic project to look at !

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikekh/youloox-awesome-holographic-computer

• Options

Bit confused by that Kickstarter. They don't have anything built or any specifics about what they're going to build (or who's actually going to build and design it). And even if successful they're not expecting to have anything built until 3-4 years from now - I can't even imagine where Hololens, Rift, Vive, Magic Leap, Meta etc will be by then...
    (Well except Magic Leap who probably still won't have released any actual info by then...)

• Options

Another data point: Wave 1, no purchase link, based out of Snohomish, WA USA

• Options
    Could someone else in wave 2 confirm that this is normal? Wouldn't want to wait for 2-3 months waiting for an invite only to realize there was a mix up :smile:
  • Options

Those are the similar to the messages I received as part of wave 1. If it follows the same pattern for wave 2, the next message will be a notification that you will be able to order "soon" followed by a message with a link that allows you to order a few weeks after that. After that, it's pretty much like purchasing any product from the Microsoft store.

• Options
    Well I'm in wave 3 so I have a long wait . . . . Can't wait to work with you guys and and some people in my community. . .

Will be opening up a kickstarter to do a hands on event in ny where I will give students a chance to work on some projects with me. . . .