Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Hololens Emulator is not visible in VS

Hi,
Microsoft Hololens emulator is installed in my PC successfully as shown in below figure and also Visual Studio is installed with Upadate2
But it is not visible in VS like below figure,

Please help me to solve this issue.
Thanks in advance,
Priya.

Answers

• Options
    james_ashleyjames_ashley ✭✭✭✭

@astrani_saipriya ,

You've probably already tried this but:

1) check your control panel | Programs and Features | Turn Features on or off -> and make sure Hyper-V is checked and turned completely on.

2) reboot. rebooting solves HoloLens dev install issues 80% of the time.

Good luck!

James Ashley
    VS 2017 v5.3.3, Unity 2017.3.0f3, MRTK 2017.1.2, W10 17063
    Microsoft MVP, Freelance HoloLens/MR Developer
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com

• Options

Thanks for ur reply james_ashley, I have checked the Hyper-V and also rebooted, but it not works

• Options

There are several possibilities:

For testing if it's installed you should go to and test that this exist:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Emulation\HoloLens\10.0.11082.1039\flash.vhd and this
    C:\Users\yourUsernam\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XDE\10.0.11082.1039\dd.1268x720.2048.vhd
    Some time temp files are making errors in the installation.

If it installed try to uninstall windows hololens emulation image and hololens emulator.

Check that your hyper-v is well configured.

I had the same error twice ( one because I join windows insider and with last release there are some incompatibilities). The first time I have restored my computer to an older time. The second time I have deleted restored all my computer and install everything again with the steps described in this link step by step.

Hope it helps

• Options

Just a sanity check, but make sure that the Universal project is selected too.

• Options
    james_ashleyjames_ashley ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

@astrani_saipriya ,

It looks like you just opened up a Universal Windows app project. This usually works but every so often I have problems with this, too.

Try building a unity application (like the tutorial apps) and deploying as a UWP solution, then running that UWP solution in the emulator.

[P.S. you can also try reinstalling the emulator and see what happens.]

James Ashley
    VS 2017 v5.3.3, Unity 2017.3.0f3, MRTK 2017.1.2, W10 17063
    Microsoft MVP, Freelance HoloLens/MR Developer
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com