Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Could not obtain developer license for Hololens

Hello,
I am having a problem deploying to the HoloLens. I ran into this before. It didn't work for a while, then suddenly started working I believe. I did someupdates, reinstalled Visual Studio and can't deploy again. The app builds fine, even just using the test apps from the holoacademy with nothing changed. Then when I run the app in VS it gets to deploy, hangs for a minute then says:

There were deployment errors. Continue?
1>DEP0100L Please ensure that target device has developer mode enabled. Could not obtain a developer license on 127.0.0.1 due to error 80004005.
Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped.

Then after continue, I get an error that says:
DEP0100: Please ensure that target device has developer mode enabled. Could not obtain a developer license on 127.0.0.1 due to error 80004005.
(Which I explained, I know the developer modes are all turned on for sure, and make sure that nothing is asleep or anything when I am building)

I am using Unity 5.6.4 and VS 2017, and have researched this greatly. Reinstalling multiple times. The HoloLens and computer both definitely have Devolper options all turned on. I can see the portal just fine, and can Live Stream on the portal. I ran the Holographic Emulation in Unity with the Holographic Remoting app and can see the app fine. It's just deploying the app.

Do I need a windows id to deploy it, maybe I am not using the correct id login for VS, the HoloLens one haa never changed. But I see you have to pay $19 to Microsoft for a store id, could this be the problem if I didn't set one up before or am using the wrong email for VS? I'm not trying to build to the store tho, just trying to test right now.

I also notice in APPS & FEATURES>Manage Optional Features under Optional Features I don't have a Windows Developer Mode package, it was empty for ever, but with all the installs I have been doing to try to fix this from suggestions on various boards, it now has Fonts, but doesn't have Windows Developer Mode package. Altho I can turn on Developer mode on my pc, so I don't know if that's it?

I have also tried building a .appx from Visual Studio with the Modelexplorer file, and it builds the .appx fine, then fails when I try to run it after uploading the file on the portal.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Answers

• Options

Can you share what version of the OS is on the device and your development PC? Thx!

• Options

I have the same issue. I cannot deploy to the HoloLens anymore after updating it to 14393.1770.

I'm on Windows 10 Professional Fall Creators Update (not insider preview) 16299.19

• Options

I've had the same issue. Tried to run from two different setups: MacBook Pro 2016 with touch bar (windows 10 Pro in Bootcamp) and Surface Pro 4. Same error on two different machines. So I've though that it might be a problem with the HoloLens itself. After Resetting the HoloLens from Settings> Update and Security> Reset everything started to work just fine. This is the only solution that've worked for me.