Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Wave 1 Folks: Have You Received Your Purchase Link Yet?

124»

Comments

• Options

@Windowsdeveloper13 the current advice is to keep checking your status at: https://holotechinfo.com
    and to hang in with the rest of us in Wave 1 who have not received a buy link yet.

Based on the posts it looks like about 10 ish or so people get sent links each week (look like on Monday mornings typically).

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Options

Whoot Whoot. FedEx came a day early. HoloLens in hand. Of to the races peeps. See ya in the other threads.

• Options
    Got mine today, unboxed and loving it!!
  • Options

@hotdogee - can you check if your MSA is either US or Canada please? Go to account.microsoft.com, login and check your profile details. Thanks! and holler if you have any further issues.

@Windowsdeveloper13 - we hope to get to you soon :)

• Options

I agree with @HoloSheep, it seems they batch out the next set of links every Monday. So that would be the day to obsessively check your email...

• Options
    HoloSheepHoloSheep mod
    edited April 2016

Unfortunately the Poll functionality in these forums does not seem to allow us to change or update our original answers, so just a quick roll call here in the thread...

to get a sense of where things are at in Wave 1:

How many Wave 1 people out there, like myself, that have not yet received the Purchase invite email as of today?

Disclaimer: Totally unscientific, interpret at your own risk

• Options

Magic Monday
    YES!
    Chocolate Factory here I come!

Okay... so the link is blue but it looks golden to me :smile:

(even if the authentication database hasn't yet been updated with my email as mentioned by others in different threads, it is a relief to finally receive this email)

• Options

I got my order invite, but the store does not give me the ability to enter a Canadian billing address (I have a client subsidizing this development). I have emails in and a dozen calls and hours on wait to the store support -- don't expect much from a phone call. After nearly 4 hours of trying I have yet to speak to a human.

• Options

Hip Hip Hurray!

One of the two devices in my order arrived today.
    Weird, FedEx seems to have separated the two boxes in Memphis, one took the longer path and should arrive Monday.

The good news is that my weekend just got a whole lot more interesting!

• Options

Does anybody know what happens with your invite, if you let your 10 day purchase window lapse? It says the next developer in line gets to make their purchase then, but will my invitation stand to be valid for the next units in line or will I now have to wait until wave 5 (or whatever is after wave 4)? I had to have mine lapse two days ago due to a billing problem (credit card not accepted)...

Cognitive augmentation is going to become real now. You better watch out!

• Options

Still waiting for my invite, how quick do they come once ordered?

• Options

@filharvey pretty darn fast considering they are coming from Shanghai, China.
    My experience was:

• placed order Monday evening
    • received order confirmation same evening
    • received shipping confirmation Thursday
    • received 1st device Friday morning
    • 2nd device is due Monday morning

• Options

Agreed, pretty darn fast. Ordered on Tuesday, signed for both units on Friday (Seattle).

• Options

@HoloSheep sounds good, just need MS to send me the order email asap :-)

• Options

@filharvey said:
    @HoloSheep sounds good, just need MS to send me the order email asap :-)

Mondays seem to be the day.... maybe you will be up this week @filharvey

• Options

@HoloSheep @Jesse_McCulloch yep got the link today, will be ordering this week.

• Options

Just got the link today!

• Options

@dorian - had you reached out to our store support by any chance? If you had trouble purchasing, we do our best to enable you until you can complete your purchase. Let me know if you want me to follow up on this,
    Thanks
    Vanessa