Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

HoloToolkit Build errors

Hi,

I've been trying my best to compile the HoloToolkit/Sharing source code, and I keep running into errors where source file references are missing (even though they get generated properly), missing SharingClient.pdb, and other missing files.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State 
Error CS2001 Source file 'C:\Users\ussho\Desktop\HoloToolkit-master\Sharing\Src\Projects\SessionManagerUniversal.UI\..\..\generatedinterface\csharpapi\AnchorDownloadRequest.cs' could not be found. SessionManagerUniversal.UI C:\Users\ussho\Desktop\HoloToolkit-master\Sharing\Src\Projects\SessionManagerUniversal.UI\CSC 1 Active

Error Could not copy the file "C:\Users\ussho\Desktop\HoloToolkit-master\Sharing\Src\bin\Debug\Win32\ClientWindowsCSharp\SharingClient.pdb" because it was not found.   SessionManager.UI   C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets 4136

Error C2220 warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated   CommonUniversal c:\users\ussho\desktop\holotoolkit-master\sharing\src\external\raknet-4.081\include\source\SocketIncludes.h 37

Stephen Hodgson
Microsoft HoloLens Agency Readiness Program
Virtual Solutions Developer at Saab
HoloToolkit-Unity Moderator

Best Answer

• Options
    qdkidqdkid
    Answer ✓

I had similar trouble and figure out the solution. Open the HoloToolKit.Sharing solution file in VS 2015 Update 3, then right click on 'SessionManagerUnivresal.UI' project->Manage NuGet Package. You will see 'Microsoft.NetCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform', update the version to 5.2.2. You will be prompted to download etc. Then build again will solve the missing files.

Answers

• Options
    AlexDAlexD ✭✭✭

what scripts are you using to build? My best recommendation is to build all dependencies then open the solution in visual studio and build from there

• Options
    edited August 2016

@AlexD I've tried:
    BuildDependencies.bat
    BuildSharingLib.bat
    BuildAll.bat

and in VS I opened the HoloToolkit.Sharing.sln and tried building all dependencies as well. That's actually where I'm getting the errors.

Stephen Hodgson

• Options

I am also having this problem. Building the dependencies works fine but building the libraries gives me with numerous errors all similar to this but with different .cs files:

CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'C:\HoloToolkit-master\Sharing\Src\Pro
    jects\SessionManagerUniversal.UI....\generatedinterface\csharpapi\Imag
    eTagLocation.cs' could not be found. [C:\HoloToolkit-master\Sharing\Src\
    Projects\SessionManagerUniversal.UI\SessionManagerUniversal.UI.csproj]

• Options
    qdkidqdkid
    Answer ✓

I had similar trouble and figure out the solution. Open the HoloToolKit.Sharing solution file in VS 2015 Update 3, then right click on 'SessionManagerUnivresal.UI' project->Manage NuGet Package. You will see 'Microsoft.NetCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform', update the version to 5.2.2. You will be prompted to download etc. Then build again will solve the missing files.

• Options
    edited September 2016

Thanks @qdkid fixed my issue.

That and installing Java 8.

Stephen Hodgson