Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Order invitations

Comments

• Options

@wintermoot said:
    Wave 2 orders have begun

Best news to start the day.

• Options
    JasonJason ✭✭
    edited May 2016

@Vanessa Hi Vanessa, I received the invitation email yesterday to purchase the Hololens (Wave 1) however my email address stated in the email is not being accepted by the store. This is the same issue that pdlipman experienced.

Could you assist me? One of your colleagues has an open ticket however there hasn't been a resolution (plus I emailed msstoreis@microsoft.com previously). The case number is: 1338694813. It looks like my email address needs to be updated on the spreadsheet that was loaded into the Microsoft Store according to your colleague. Thank you.

---- All is good now, I am able to purchase the device. Thanks again.

• Options

Hi @Jason , glad to hear you were able to purchase, and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Let me know if you need anything else. Vanessa

• Options

@ashkansirous said:
    Hi,
    When will you start shipping for Europe?

We're still shipping the Development Edition to the US and Canada only. We'll let you know when we have more info to share!

• Options
    filharveyfilharvey
    edited May 2016

@Vanessa I've ordered my hololens paid by PayPal, got the order complete email but gotten no tracking number. Is this standard? Usually with other purchases from Microsoft I've received the tracking number very soon afterwards.

I've now received the tracking number, just took longer than most.

• Options

@filharvey great! shipping then usually takes 3 to 7 days, it's actually been closer to 3 than 7 so far :)

• Options

After many days of back and forth our order was finally confirmed. Pheww !
    I want to thank @Vanessa who has seen this through (frantic calls,e-mails,messages)
    Great job !

Thank you so much Vanessa
    behram

• Options

I'm having issues too, got the purchase link, but getting error code: 30225 when I try to buy, I've pm'd @Vanessa

• Options
    SuCaneSuCane
    edited May 2016

I've received the mail to purchase as part of wave 2, but after providing my email as part of step 1 in the email instructions, I don't receive an email with purchasing link to the store. Anyone else had this problem?

• Options

@Vanessa what is the process after I have purchased a hololens, if I need or would like to purchase more after the 10 day windows?

• Options

@Behram, thank you! and thank you for your patience!
    @filharvey, if you have only purchased one, then yes, you can go back to the store to purchase your second, within that 10 day window. Repeat steps 1 to 3 in our original email to get back in to the store.
    @SuCane, can you please reach out to msstoreis@microsoft.com and cc me (vanesa@microsoft.com) please? That way i can track and help too :)

thanks all!

• Options

@comblox - can you check that your MSA is in the US please? (or Canada if you're buying through the Canadian store). You can check where your MSA is localized here: https://account.microsoft.com/profile

• Options

Placed order for devices yesterday morning (YAY), but still show as "In Process" and no tracking number 24+ hours later. What's the expected time to receive a tracking number? Just want to make sure I'm not "stuck".

Thanks!

• Options
    Jarrod1937Jarrod1937 ✭✭✭

@DeckTwelve said:
    Placed order for devices yesterday morning (YAY), but still show as "In Process" and no tracking number 24+ hours later. What's the expected time to receive a tracking number? Just want to make sure I'm not "stuck".

Thanks!

You're right inline with me. I think processing may be 1-3 days judging on others comments. Hope to get the shipping info soon for weekend playing, but am happy just to receive the units in general.

• Options

@DeckTwelve and @Jarrod1937 - can you contact our support team and provide them with your order confirmation number please? msstoreis@microsoft.com. They can check on your status. (cc me if needed vanesa@microsoft.com)
    thanks!

• Options
    Jarrod1937Jarrod1937 ✭✭✭

@Vanessa said:
    @DeckTwelve and @Jarrod1937 - can you contact our support team and provide them with your order confirmation number please? msstoreis@microsoft.com. They can check on your status. (cc me if needed vanesa@microsoft.com)
    thanks!

Thank you for the assistance. Though, it looks like everything is good to go, got my shipping confirmation today, should arrive by Friday!

• Options

great news! hooray!
    @DeckTwelve I saw you got a confirmation from our support team too :)

• Options

@Vanessa said:
    great news! hooray!
    @DeckTwelve I saw you got a confirmation from our support team too :)

Yes, thank you for the help. Very exciting!

• Options

Still no luck my end, @Vanessa I think it could be because my MSA account has both a US and UK profile, if I create a new MSA account for US only would you be able to update the list so I could try that ?

• Options

Hi @comblox - yes we can definitely try that! (or update your existing MSA to US only)
    PM me when you've created the new one so that we can try that solution

• Options

Hi, @Vanessa. I'm having same issues. when placing order, I have been rejected by error code 30225 too.

From my profile billing info, It seems I have JP and US MSA (Microsoft account?)
    how should I do? should I try to create new US only Microsoft Account like @comblox ?

• Options

Hi @quetz - can you verify your country here please? You would indeed need to make sure your MSA is USA only in order to fulfill an order in a US Store. If you can temporarily remove JP and make sure your MSA is US only that should unblock you.

• Options
    quetzquetz
    edited May 2016

@Vanessa said:
    Hi @quetz - can you verify your country here please? You would indeed need to make sure your MSA is USA only in order to fulfill an order in a US Store. If you can temporarily remove JP and make sure your MSA is US only that should unblock you.

@Vanessa Thanks for your reply.
    I tried to change my country to US in personal info, but it doesn't work.(same error: 30225)

And also I tried to delete billing info outside US, It seems there is no delete function from account page. if you know how to delete, could you tell me the way how to modify MSA to US only?

• Options

Hello, please reach out to hlstorehelp@microsoft.com for help on this error. Feel free to CC me (vanesa@microsoft.com) so that i can follow up on the resolution. Thank you,

• Options
    I just bought my hololens yesterday. From your guy's experience have long did it take to ship and get to your house?
  • Options
    Jarrod1937Jarrod1937 ✭✭✭

@red_rider32 said:
    I just bought my hololens yesterday. From your guy's experience have long did it take to ship and get to your house?

I bought mine on a Monday afternoon. I didn't get the shipped message until Wednesday, though the tracking said it was shipped out on Tuesday. I received it by Friday at noon.

• Options
    JasonJason ✭✭

Hi @Vanessa, I purchased 2 Hololens Device last week (Wave 1) on May 17th, 2016 and see that the order is still back ordered. Do you know how long this is expected to last?

• Options

Hi, are purchase invitations sending out only on Mondays?

• Options

@Jason Do you have your order confirmation email? Please reach out to hlstorehelp@microsoft.com as they can give you more details on the status of your order (I can't see that information on my end sorry :))

• Options

Hi @Vanessa I tried the same as @quetz still no luck, I've created a new MSA account and PM'd you the details. Hope it works, :-) doesn't help, but good to know I'm not the only one having this problem :-)